Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About The Role:
Our Regional Sales Lead will develop new business sales by building and qualifying on a diverse set of pre-existing and incoming leads for our Benelux/ Nordics region. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and can think laterally to bring our imagery data into new market segments. You will target the following sectors: Government, Commercial Sector, and also work with Value added partners. You will identify, qualify, negotiate and close large-scale complex deals and drive sales revenue targets for the region . Preferably, you have a technical understanding of geo-spatial and/or imagery products, and know the customer segments in the regional market. You will be a positive thinker and relish the challenge of solution selling through the creation of business value with our propositions.
You will work with your counterparts in Sales Development, Customer Service, Marketing and Partner Management in the region to develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads; provide demonstrations to prospective customers working with our pre-sales engineers and formulate appropriate value based business relationships with accounts.
The candidate will be expected to travel and will work from home in the region.
Impact You will own:
- Identify and target key prospects in your region
- Develop new business relationships with end users
- Help extend existing strategic relationships and grow Key Accounts
- Manage and grow the pipeline effectively
- Close sales and manage customer expectations as company grows
- Identify channel and reseller relationships to expand market presence
- Seek out new partnerships as needed to develop vertical markets
- Manage proposal generation and pricing work as needed
- Use of Salesforce and related CRM tools
- Team selling with Pre-Sales and Product Management
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of related experience in International sales and / or a background in selling to the geospatial/ imagery market.
- Experience selling into both governments and commercial organizations, including understanding the nuances of complex sales cycles and how to navigate through the channels.
- Strong enterprise and/or SaaS technical sales experience required along with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals; carrying quota and closing should be familiar concepts.
- Success in acting as a bridge between the company and its current market and future markets.
- Efficiency in gathering market and customer info to enable negotiations regarding variations in prices, delivery and customer specifications to their managers.
- Excellent communication skills, including multiple languages.
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in a start-up environment.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Affinity with the regional markets.
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer equity options for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Enjoy a spacious central office located in U/S-bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Employees’ well-being is our top priority: on site massages, snacks, fruits, drinks and company lunches
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.#LI-NB1