Sales Engineer at Addepar
As a Sales Engineer, you are a key technical resource throughout our sales process including leading client presentations at CSuite level prospects to help deliver the value of Addepar. You will bring a deep knowledge of financial software and implementation process to help our prospects contextualize the Addepar product fit. Your tactical objectives are interfacing with a variety of prospects and markets spanning the UHNW wealth management industry to provide an in-depth understanding of the product advantages and capabilities. You will become a resource on both sides of the due diligence process to help the prospect understand how Addepar fits into their current business while ensuring they are the right fit for our technology.
You will liaise regularly between our Services, Product, and Data teams to ensure our sales executives are abreast on the product development, workflows and use cases at Addepar. Strategically, you will assist in building out resources for the sales team to institutionalize the knowledge for our current and future sales executives. Our ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator, very well organized with a deep understanding of investment management and an expert in the use of Addepar. The best candidates will have experience previously working with Addepar clients and ideally have had exposure to the tools and processes of the deployment process.
You must be prepared to be a creative problem solver and vocal thought leader with a positive attitude and thoughtful voice to drive change and improvement as part of a premier organization within Addepar where an entrepreneurial and team player will thrive.
- Support senior SEs and Sales Executives with prospective clients throughout the entire sales process by acting as the subject matter expert on the Addepar product, data platform, and implementation process.
- Assist our Sales Team the completion of RFPs & RFIs.
- Assist Sales Team in coordinating appropriate internal product and technical resources for prospect calls and meetings.
- Highlight and communicate the differentiating benefits of the Addepar solution vs. the competition by demonstrating knowledge of the Addepar product, client workflows, and financial industry domain.
- Support the sales effort with “Proof of Concepts”. Understand prospective clients key business requirements, load client data, and design custom demo environments to help clients conceptualize their future Addepar experience.
- Support in designing solutions for prospective clients to address their current business needs. De-risk future implementation projects by outlining and validating a comprehensive approach to address client requirements.
- Assist with the creation of the Statement of Work (SOW), budgetary estimates, and work with key internal teams (Professional Services including Data, Implementation Project Managers, Support, Finance, and Legal).
- 3+ Years of Experience in the Financial Services space including roles in FinTech deployment, sales engineering, solutions architecture, product experience and financial platforms.
- Ability to grasp financial concepts and navigate software efficiently.
- Effective oral and written communicator with the ability to interface with members at all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Ability to multi-task and track processes and deliverables for numerous prospective clients.
- Ability to manage complex projects, relationships and timelines.
- Flexibility to travel on short notice (30%+).
- Knowledge of database concepts, expert in Excel, Python and API exposure/knowledge a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, Mathematics and/or Engineering field a plus).
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.