Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
The Design team at Grammarly is responsible for delivering a wide range of product and marketing initiatives, including our brand, product offerings, and research. To support our growing organization, we’re looking to add a seasoned User Experience Research Manager to partner with our Head of Design. Our User Experience Research Manager will plan and execute research initiatives to help us better understand the needs of the people we design for.
As a natural leader, you’ll inform and inspire our teams and roadmap by finding and sharing compelling narratives. Your strategies will ensure our product design and development processes are thoroughly informed. You will align cross-functional stakeholders and build trust across teams. You’ll be setting the foundation for the discipline as well as building the team to support a scaling design organization.
The Design team is responsible for projects that directly impact business goals and metrics. In this role, you will primarily work with the Product Design, Brand and Marketing Design, and Design Operations teams to define user experience research and design strategy at scale. In this high-impact role, you will:
- Plan and execute on research initiatives to help us understand the needs of our users, improve the usability of our product, uncover new business opportunities, and inform our roadmap.
- Shape and define the User Experience Research function at Grammarly with a goal of making it a core pillar of the Design team and company.
- Oversee the planning and execution of pragmatic and insightful research with the team: designing and running tests, recruiting testers, and analyzing results.
- Ensure the Research team identifies and packages research insights into compelling narratives and presents that to the team in a digestible and actionable way.
- Balance empathize with our customers while balancing an understanding of our business strategy to advise the product and design teams.
- Collaborate with Product teams to integrate research at all stages of the product development process, from problem definition to post-launch validation.
- Build a team of best-in-class User Experience Researchers and Strategists.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has at least 5–10 years of experience managing User Experience Research at scale.
- Has a deep understanding of high-efficiency, high-output centralized design partnerships.
- Has a deep understanding of multidisciplinary design processes and toolkits across Product Design, Brand and Marketing Design, and User Experience Research.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills and uses them to effectively roll out large-scale programs.
- Is relentlessly focused on our customers’ needs and wants.
- Is proactive in seeking out and providing opportunities to improve and expand the team, including team members’ personal skills and experiences.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.